Friday, 29 January 2010

Gavin: Pot making kettle black

Forgot to report the other day on a fantastic piece of stupidity that deserves a mention. Zoe and Sonny were watching the football when the fire alarm went off and the ward filled with an alarming amount of smoke. Turns out, someone had tried to boil a kettle of water in the microwave. Yep, you read it right... someone filled an electric kettle with water and put it into the microwave to boil it. This exploded, caused a decent fire and got the emergency services out in breathing aparatus. If the kids on this ward didn't have enough to worry about, the threat of evacuating them attached to various drips and chemo loomed large.
The nurses refuse to blab on who it was, but the bloke who throws stones at the moon shouting 'every month this bastard comes back' is high on my list.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sonny, just thought I'd let you know I'm doing the Swimathon this year because of you. Its for Marie Curie and, although, its not directly for GOSH all I could think about was you when I found out the charity it was raising money for. (We all think of you lots.) So for 200 lengths I'll be constantly thinking what a brave, great boy you are!!
    Once, my sponsor page is completed then I'll put details on your blog incase all your followers can spare a few pennies!!
    Lots of love to you all Rach xxxx