Thursday 15 July 2010

Gavin: An emotional night (BMT+43)

There's been a lot of desperately sad activity this week with three kids crashing during the night and being taken to Intensive care. We learnt this morning that the people on the ward we have the most affinity with and have shared more than just a laugh in the parents room lost their daughter in the early hours.
It brings a set of emotions I've never had to deal with. On one hand I'm devastated by their loss and it opens up the fragility of all of our situations. On the other, I know that we're only joined as a group by a Bone Marrow Transplant and the underlying causes of why you're there can range immeasurably. Finally, I can't afford to care about them or anyone else on the ward. This is probably what upsets me the most.
I'm crying as I type this. Maybe I care more than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment